Construction of the HyperOne Network will be tendered in separate stages with the initial stage between Sydney and Melbourne (via Canberra) expected to generate circa $50 million revenue over the first 12 months. HyperOne has announced it is building Australia’s first Hyperscale Backbone. Work on the Sydney to Melbourne (via Canberra) route is expected to commence early 2022.
The HyperOne Network will be the largest private independent digital infrastructure project in Australia’s history with the following features:
- HyperOne will be capable of carrying over 10,000 terabits per second – more traffic than every other national backbone built in Australia’s history combined
- The most complete national fibre backbone ever constructed and the first built in almost two decades
- Critical infrastructure of national and international importance with significant protected capacity
- Opening up the north of Australia and providing valuable on-and-off-ramps to underserved regions across the country
- A significant job creator at a critical time for our nation – partnering with local industry in each state of Australia